Over the last few years, I’ve gotten some great deals by buying items in a Bundle. For those of you unfamiliar with the concept, the idea is simple — bundle together a bunch of games or books or other items from various sources, set a low, flat rate price to get everything together when the timer runs out. (That’s right — there’s a time limit.) If you pledge more than the flat rate price, you also get some bonus items tossed in. Even better, a portion of your contribution typically goes towards a non-profit. Once you buy a bundle, you’ll start checking on other bundles, too. I keep my eyes open for books, digital games, and comic books because you can get a phenomenal amount of content for an unbelievably low price.
Right now, there’s an excellent science fiction bundle called the Starward Bound StoryBundle going on. At the time I write this, there’s about two weeks left on the timer. This bundle starts at $5 for these books:
- Starfire by B. V. Larson
- Outlaw by Edward W. Robertson
- Aetna Adrift by Erik Wecks
- Patcher: Books 1 & 2 by Martin Kee
- The Novum Trilogy Book 1: Crucible by Moira Katson
- The Returning by Bryan Thomas Schmidt
Increase your contribution to $15, however, and you’ll get these additional books:
- Otherness by David Brin
- Terms of Enlistment by Marko Kloos
- The Outpost by Mike Resnick
- Racers of the Night by Brad R. Torgersen
- The Returning by Bryan Thomas Schmidt
I can tell you right now, that I’ve already read Outlaw, Aetna Adrift (written by my friend, Eric Wecks), and Terms of Enlistment — these three are great stories and will run you $23.00 if you purchase them together on Amazon. Ten titles (11 if you count the two books combined in Patcher) in all for $1.50 each. And you get them DRM free in both .epub and .mobi formats; carry them around on every digital device you own without any issues.
This bundle is supporting the Challenger Space Center:
For this bundle, our charity is the Challenger Space Center, a Smithsonian organization, which exists to help excite, educate, and inspire young people with an interest in science and space exploration. The center is a museum, simulator, and school, all rolled into one, offering space camps, hands-on learning experience, and science programs for economically challenged children, helping them dream a bigger future. We are thrilled to be able to help support them in their mission.
You can find more information here on the entire bundle. But don’t wait too long. The deal ends on Thursday, October 25th, 2016.
I did mention TWO great bundles in the title, right?
Well, the other bundle is sure to appeal to all of you DMs/GMs out there — it’s the Bundle of Holding featuring a bunch of the amazing papercraft models offered by Fat Dragon Games. I’ve lost track of how many Fat Dragon Games products I’ve purchased over the last few years… I pick them up when they go on sale OR when a particular setting fits an upcoming campaign or adventure. You can see some photos below of a few of the 3D papercraft displays I’ve created for my players using Fat Dragon products.
For twelve more days, you can contribute $7.95 to get four of the most popular papercraft sets offered by Fat Dragon. Purchased separately, this batch would cost $45.00:
- Dragonshire Deluxe Edition (retail price $13): A prosperous medieval fantasy village with many buildings and a bell tower. Includes an archive of free models from the Fat Dragon website.
- E-Z Dungeons Deluxe Edition (retail $15): Build any dungeon layout with these walls, doors, hallways, stairs, treasure chests, and green slimes.
- E-Z Terrain: Overland Adventures (retail $10): Forest tiles, trees, tents, campfires, and hidden hollows that conceal enemies.
- Ravenfell: Ruins (retail $7): Two ruined buildings ready for haunting by the nearest undead.
Increase your contribution to $18.49 and you add the following sets (normally $72 value for a grand total of over $115 in products):
- Winterhawk: Castle Base Set (retail $15): A large castle with gatehouse, towers, and removable roofs and floor levels for interior play.
- Caverns of Chaos (retail $12): Expand your E-Z Dungeons with these walls, bridges, ledges, and a lava fall.
- Dragonshire: City Interiors (retail $12): Add these room layouts to your Dragonshire Deluxe Edition buildings, and easily replace them during play. Includes the E-Z Dungeons: Expansion Set 10 (retail $5) with tavern furniture.
- Medieval Sailing Ship (retail $10): A single-masted cog with removable deck and detailed interiors.
- Ravenfell: Sewers (retail $12): Includes rats and an alligator.
- NEW! Ravenfell: Docks & Crane (retail $6): A seedy waterfront in a seedy village — a fine place to dock the Medieval Sailing Ship.
You DMs/GMs will find tons of options in this amazing bundle — the E-Z Dungeons Deluxe Edition alone ($15 value) is worth its weight in gold (nah… let’s say platinum), and the Dragonshire and Ravenfell settings will guarantee you have just as much above-ground adventure options to satisfy your players.
You can find out more info on the Bundle of Holding – Fat Dragon Terrain Sets here.