This past week’s puzzzle:
Watching the Primetime Emmy Awards a few weeks back, I was surprised to hear that Morgan Freeman was nominated for an Emmy this year, for his role as a supporting actor in a mini-series. I mean, he was nominated for an Emmy back in 2012 for “Through the Wormhole,” but I didn’t think that he was even in the “Sherlock” mini-series at all.
Below, please find anagrammed versions of the names of 16 recent (2000 or later) Emmy Award winners. This week’s GeekDad Puzzle of the Week is to simply unscramble or decipher each of the names.
EXAMPLE: The letters in Morgan Freeman’s name can be rearranged to spell NEON GAME FARMER. Similarly, his counterpart Martin Freeman’s name can spell REARM FAINT MEN.
Here is the list of slightly scrambled thespians:
- LICE TENT TOOL
- SPEARED JAMS
- A GREMLIN MATADOR
- HAIL SLIME CHICK
- JOIN INFANT SNEER
- SAINTED WINE
- HAMMIEST GIG
- IMMENSE CHOLERA
- LIMIEST NARWHAL
- SEMIANNUAL JAIL RUG
- BAN CARNY SNORT
- DEPARTING LEEK
- MYTHICAL SCREAMS
- SNUB HOLY OATH
- I YEN FAT
Here are the winning thespians with their jumbled monikers:
- LICE TENT TOOL – Toni Collette
- SPEARED JAMS – James Spader
- A GREMLIN MATADOR – Margo Martindale
- HAIL SLIME CHICK – Michael Chiklis
- JOIN INFANT SNEER – Jennifer Aniston
- SAINTED WINE – Dianne Wiest
- HAMMIEST GIG – Maggie Smith
- IMMENSE CHOLERA – Michael Emerson
- LIMIEST NARWHAL – William Shatner
- SEMIANNUAL JAIL RUG – Julianna Margulies
- BAN CARNY SNORT – Bryan Cranston
- DEPARTING LEEK – Peter Dinklage
- MYTHICAL SCREAMS – Melissa McCarthy
- SNUB HOLY OATH – Tony Shalhoub
- I YEN FAT – Tina Fey
Congratulations to Steven Parks winner of this week’s fabulous prize! His entry was drawn at random from the set of all correct (or at least reasonably well-reasoned) entries received. A $50 Gift Certificate from our friends at ThinkGeek will be on it was to him shortly!
Thanks to ThinkGeek and to everyone that submitted a response.