In case you missed it, there’s been a hefty new update to Jetpack Joyride which introduces a new Gadget store. For a couple thousand coins each, you can buy things like the X-Ray Specs, which let you see what’s inside those vehicle pickups, or the Ezy-Dodge Missiles, which are slower than the regular ones. The best part? The iOS app is still free, so you can try it out without spending a dime.
You can equip up to two gadgets at a time, and there are fifteen in all:
- Air Barrys — get a quick boost off the ground when you jump
- Nerd Repellent — turns the lab into a ghost town, free of scientists
- Insta-Ball — puts Barry in a plastic globe that bounces a little farther when he dies
- Gravity Belt — makes you land faster
- Missile Jammer — missiles fizzle and pop before they hit you
- Token Gift — a free spin token appears right when you start each game
- Freeze-O-Matic — Barry turns into an ice cube and slides a ways when he dies
- X-Ray Specs — see when vehicle pickups are coming, and what’s inside them
- Gemology — turns some coins into high-value gems
- Ezy-Dodge Missiles — slows down missiles
- Magnetic Tokens — spin tokens are easier to collect
- Flying Pig — an airborne piggy bank appears occasionally; hit it and coins fly everywhere
- Free Ride — start the game with a random vehicle
- Coin Magnet — no vehicle required!
- Lucky Last — your last spin token is a guaranteed match
The gadgets are listed in groups of three, and you have to purchase at least two from a section before the next one is unlocked. They’ll definitely help you spend your money a lot faster, but several of them will help you earn money more quickly, too. I’m personally fond of the Gemology/Coin Magnet combo, but the Air Barrys/Gravity Belt is also a good bet for making Barry maneuver much more quickly.
And the Flying Pig is just hilarious.