The board game (and board game-related!) news that caught our attention for the week ending September 27, 2019.
- The Op has released Furry Foodies, a set collection game for “feline and food enthusiasts” that debuted at Gen Con and should be available in your local game store soon.
- WizKids is releasing Nemo Rising: Robur the Conqueror, a cooperative game built around C. Courtney Joyner’s sequel to the Jules Verne classic.
- Magic Maze is journeying to Mars, of all places, in Magic Maze Mars. The gameplay is similar to the original, but now players race the clock to deliver goods to the colonists. The game is available for pre-order now and will be released at Essen.
- According to ICv2, Rio Grande is releasing Queenz, a game in which players try to attract bees to their fields, in October. The game is for 2-4 players and playes in about 20 minutes.
- After a successful Kickstarter campaign earlier this year, Bellweather Games’ Freshwater Fly, a strategic fly fishing game, is set to hit shelves in November. I’ll admit that I’m not a big fisherman (it turns out, you can buy fish), but playing the game seems like a quicker, warmer, and much less gross way to fish, so I’m down with it.
GeekDad and GeekMom Reviews
Here are the games we’ve reviewed this week:
- Jonathan Liu reviewed Time of Legends: Destinies.
- Paul Benson reviewed The Grand Carnival.
- Simon Yule reviewed Descent into Avernus.
- Robin Brooks reviewed Warhammer Underworlds: Beastgrave.
What We’re Playing
Finally, here’s what the GeekDads played this week:
- Jonathan Liu played Edge of Darkness, Rescue Animals, Time of Legends: Destinies, and The Zorro Dice Game.
- Amber Cook played Ecos, Pathfinder2, Charterstone, Jaipur (this week’s featured image), and Point Salad.
- Angela Leach played Team3 and UnFair.
- Michael Pistiolas played Azul, Ingenious, Carcassonne, Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth, and Zombicide: Black Plague.
- Robin Brooks played Warhammer Underworlds: Beastgrave, Copenhagen, and Talisman: Legendary Tales
- I played Know! and Half-Truth.