Welcome to the Playmobil Playroom, where we take a monthly peek inside those impressive blue boxes and see what treasures await within. Sometimes we’ll have step-by-step photos walking you through assembly, maybe we’ll discuss and review a particular set or theme, or maybe we’ll have an unboxing video.
Just in time for Halloween comes the Playmobil Take Along Haunted House Set! My kids love monsters. We have a collection of books about them (Monster ABC and Good Night Little Monsters are two of our favorites) so they were very excited to see this Playmobil set with monsters and a haunted house!
Here’s their first impression and unboxing of the set!
Here they are checking out the monster figures.
- Product Number: 9312
- Number of Pieces: 70
- Number of figures: 3 — Vampire, Monster, and Scientist
- Extras required: None!
Ease of Build:
On a scale of 1-5, this set is a 3.5. Most of the pieces are fairly straightforward as far as assembly goes, but I bumped it up from a 3 to a 3.5 for two things. The spider and web were a little more difficult than average to get up into the rafters of the house and there are a lot of little stickers that I had to do for my son whereas he usually does most of the stickers himself.
- The chemistry set with the clear neon green pieces and faux fire for cooking up potions.
- All of the little potions and jars with their detailed labels.
- Trap door in the rafters.
- That everything packs away into the house and it becomes a carrying case. We really love all of the Take Along sets for this feature. Even if you aren’t traveling it just makes cleanup and organization at home so much easier!
Here is the setup and explanation from my son.
This set, more than a lot of the ones we’ve owned, seems to have unlocked my kids’ imagination. They make up stories and swap roles between the figures in the house and setup different scenarios. Our collection of monster books has also helped their awareness of vampires, werewolves, zombies, etc. to be at a new high right now which probably helps.
I have zero negatives about this set!
(Disclosure: This Playmobil set was provided free of charge for review purposes. All opinions remain our own.)