Welcome to the Playmobil Playroom, where we take a monthly peek inside those impressive blue boxes and see what treasures await within. Sometimes we’ll have step-by-step photos walking you through assembly, maybe we’ll discuss and review a particular set or theme, or maybe we’ll have an unboxing video.
Both of my kids love trucks, especially construction equipment. They also both love playing in the sandbox at the park. Playmobil’s Sand line gives them both of these in an awesome package!
Here’s their first impression of the set. They were very excited!
- Product Number: 9142 and 9145
- Number of Pieces: 4 pieces for each vehicle
- Number of figures: 1 adult for each vehicle
- Extras required: Sand!
Ease of Build:
On a scale of 1-5, these sets are a 1. The trucks are largely one piece each with a handful of accessories. This makes sense of course as these trucks are for 2+ which means they are meant for out of the box sand play fun.
- The scoop on the excavator detaches to be used as a shovel.
- The dump truck has a sifter and the bed also serves as a sand castle maker.
- The dump truck also has to treads that can be used to help the vehicles cross difficult terrain.
Plenty! We don’t have any sand at home, so my kids went and immediately started playing in the garden. Not the best place! So we packed everything into a bag and went to the park. My son and daughter both spent an hour or so in the sandbox playing with them. And then when we got home they wanted them in the house! We left them out on the porch since they were too dirty for inside play but since then, they’ve gone out front and played with them multiple times.
(Disclosure: This Playmobil set was provided free of charge for review purposes. All opinions remain our own.)