How do you make a successful and highly re-playable game even more re-playable? You design an expansion, of course. How do you get that expansion into the hands of eager tabletop gamers? You launch a Kickstarter campaign. Rock Manor Games successfully launched Maximum Apocalypse via Kickstarter in May 2017. That was quickly funded at over 10 times the pledge minimum amount.
You’ll want to get in on the Kickstarter, as none of the exclusive content will be available in regular distribution. Gothic Horrors is the first deluxe expansion for the game and will add the following to your base game:
- Cthulhu Mythos Monster Deck, Bosses and Missions (30 cards)
- Vampire Monster Deck, Bosses and Missions (30 cards)
- Yokai Monster Deck, Bosses and Missions (30 Cards)
- The Rapture Monster Deck, Horsemen and Missions (30 Cards)
- Day / Night Deck (20 cards)
- Insanity Deck (15 cards)
- Ronin Character Card and Deck (31 cards)
- Priest Character Card and Deck (31 cards)
- 2 Kickstarter Edition Promo Cards and Standees (Alt Mechanic & Alt Firefighter)
- Allies Solo Expansion (~10 cards)
- 12 Card Dividers (including dividers for the Kaiju & Jurassic expansions)
- 4 Standees (Priest, Ronin, Alt Hunter & Alt Gunslinger)
- 6 New Map Tiles
- 40 Monster Spawn Tokens
- Expanded/Updated Rulebook
- Longer Storage Box
- Token Bag
There will also be a Kickstarter exclusive game mat as an add-on item.
What good is a Kickstarter campaign without sweet stretch goals? The campaign has already unlocked 10 stretch goals and the next one is a very cool 4 Mission Mashups level that I’m eager to see details on.