Geek Daily Deals – upgrade your personal audio with these excellent deals; the Massdrop x Sennheiser headphones are crisp, clear, and detailed, and paired with the xDuoo DAC and slightly warm tube amp, will give you sonic joy.
Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee Headphones:
The HD 58X Jubilee uses Sennheiser’s new 150-ohm drivers, which require less amplification than previous driver platforms while retaining the same magnet strength and driver size. This makes the new headphone easier to drive from sources like your mobile phone or digital audio player. The sound is clear, fast, dynamic, and lively: reminiscent in some ways of the HD 600 and in others of the HD 650. It places an emphasis on clean, extended bass, with a solid transient response and a smooth but clear upper midrange. Plus, with Sennheiser’s ongoing testing of all units in the series, you can be assured that the drivers hit the target frequency response and match in both left and right channels.
Because the HD 58X Jubilee’s open-back design won’t isolate you from outside noise or prevent sound from being heard by those nearby, it may be best-suited for quieter home and office environments. Like all headphones in this lineup, this new model can be disassembled by hand to its component parts, all of which can be replaced. Many of its parts are interchangeable with others in the series, and owners of the HD 58X Jubilee can benefit from the rich aftermarket and brain trust of modifications and gear matching—along with excellent long-term support from Sennheiser itself.
- Massdrop x Sennheiser
- Glossy black headband, gray metal grilles
- Ear coupling: Over-ear (circumaural)
- Transducer principle: Open, dynamic
- Impedance: 150 ohms
- Frequency response: 12–38,500 Hz (-10 dB)
- THD + N: < 0.1% at 1 kHz, 100 dB
- Sound pressure level: 104 dB at 1V, 1 kHz
- Connector: ⅛ in (3.5 mm) gold-plated stereo jack plug
- Cable: 6 ft (1.8 m) OFC, detachable
- Weight without cable: Approx. 9.2 oz (260 g)
- Individually serialized
- Made in Ireland
- ¼ in (6.35 mm) adapter
- Manufacturer’s 2-year warranty
All orders will be shipped by Massdrop. Estimated ship date is July 11, 2018 PT. After the drop ends, payment will be collected and the group’s order will be submitted to the vendor up front, making all sales final. Check the discussion page for updates on your order.
xDuoo TA-01 DAC/Amp:
Equipped with the dual Wolfson WM8470 DAC chips and XMOS USB chip used in much spendier devices, the xDuoo TA-01 DAC/amp delivers impressive sound at an accessible price. Thanks to the dual DAC chips, each channel is processed independently, resulting in lower crosstalk and noise for an overall cleaner performance. The TA-01 supports up to 192 kHz/24-bit playback and pairs well with headphones of any impedance, breathing new life into every detail.
- Aluminum chassis
- Dual Wolfson WM8470 DAC chips
- XMOS USB chip
- Supports up to 192 kHz/24-bit playback
- Asynchronous USB 2.0 transmission
- 12AU7 tube
- Transistors for class-A buffer
- Supports ASIO, KS, and WASAPI modes
- Inputs: USB 2.0, RCA (L, R)
- Output: ¼ in (6.3 mm) headphone jack, RCA (L, R)
- Detachable power cord with North American plug
- Operating voltage: DC 12 V
- Frequency response: AMP 10 Hz – 100 kHz +/- 0.5 dB; USB 20 Hz – 20 kHz +/- 0.5 dB
- USB sample rate: 16 – 24 bit; 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz
- Distortion: 0.03% (1 kHz)
- Output power: 2100 mW (32-ohm load)
- Gain: +6 / +17 dB
- Crosstalk: 110 dB
- Impedance: 16 – 600 ohm
- Overvoltage and overcurrent protection
- Dimensions: 5.5 x 3.2 x 3.2 in (14 x 8 x 8.2 cm)
- Weight: 14.5 oz (410 g)
All orders will be shipped by Massdrop. Estimated ship date is Apr 16, 2018 PT. After the drop ends, payment will be collected and the group’s order will be submitted to the vendor up front, making all sales final. Check the discussion page for updates on your order.