With the announcement during Stream of Annihilation that a Dungeons & Dragons/Betrayal mash-up will be released in October, it’s time to buy! Betrayal at Baldur’s Gate will bring the same level of exploration, horrible monsters, and sudden but inevitable betrayal to the D&D universe.
In Betrayal, the game starts cooperatively, but at some point in the game, one of the players turns on the rest of the party, resulting in mayhem and often total party death. Great fun!
“The core of both D&D and Betrayal is story, exploration, and (mostly) working together so this was a pretty seamless mash-up,” said Shelly Mazzanoble, Brand Manager for Avalon Hill. “Because this is a D&D experience, you’ll see more cooperative haunts than in the original game. But it’s also Baldur’s Gate, so there is definitely some double-dealing treachery going down.”
Betrayal at Baldur’s Gate includes:
- 50 brand new scenarios set in the world of the Forgotten Realms
- 47 new location tiles, including buildings, streets, and catacombs
- 86 new cards, including 22 items, 45 events, and 13 omens
- 18 new monsters to encounter including minotaurs, beholders, and dragons
- 12 D&D adventurers including a dwarf barbarian, half-orc paladin, and human sorcerer
- 6 plastic adventurer figures
Available October 20, 2017, you can preorder Betrayal at Balder’s Gate now on Amazon.
Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!