There is a special offer on from our friends at myCharge to put their innovative portable power banks into the hands of the people who need them the most: those with low battery power on their mobile devices. The “Charge It Forward” campaign will give away over 25,000 specially marked portable chargers at 12 events around the United States. The program hopes to help the next time anyone finds themselves with a low battery and an urgent need to send a text or make a call by asking everyone who receives one of the special Charge It Forward chargers to pass it on the next time they come across someone with a low battery and no way to charge it.
To encourage people to pass on the charger (instead of keeping it), each Charge It Forward device will be marked with a unique number. That identifier will direct the person with the charger to a website where they will join that particular charger’s team. Teams will be able to track how far their charger has traveled, and each month the team whose charger travels the furthest distance will be eligible to win amazing prizes including trips, chargers, and gift cards. At the end of the year, one lucky individual will be randomly selected to win $1,000 for “charging it forward.”
The Charge It Forward event schedule includes stops at:
- The Belmont Stakes: June 9 – 11, 2016 in Belmont, NY
- Rock the Garden: June 18, 2016 in Minneapolis, MN
- CE Week: June 21 – 23, 2016 in New York City ← The Architechnologist will be at CE Week getting chargers for YOU!
- Summerfest: July 6 – 10, 2016 in Milwaukee, WI
- The Beats Run: July 15, 2016 in Seattle, WA
- The NASCAR Brickyard Race: July 23 – 25, 2016 in Indianapolis, IN
- Hood to Coast: August 26 – 27, 2016 in Portland, OR
- Cincinnati Reds Game: September 2, 2016 in Cincinnati, OH
- Stanford vs. USC Football Game: September 17, 2016 in Stanford, CA
- Chicago Marathon: October 9, 2016 in Chicago, IL
- Tennessee vs. Alabama Football Game: October 15, 2016 in Knoxville, TN
For more information about the myCharge and the Charge It Forward campaign, visit www.mycharge.com.