The Kickstarter for the fourth annual Men Vs Cosplay calendar went live today. Like the 2016 calendar, this will be a page-a-day calendar.
New to Kickstarter? Check out our crowdfunding primer.
The calendar will feature 300+ cosplayers. Days of the week will feature individuals, and weekend pages will feature cosplayer groups. This calendar is great for anyone who loves amazing cosplay. There are options for a digital calendar as well, if you don’t have the desk space. There are also reward tiers that include the awesome glow-in-the-dark raglan shirt, a regular t-shirt version, postcards (with stretch goals for cosplayers with animals and dudeoir expansions), or calendar bundles.
Owen and I were accepted into the calendar last year as a joint day, and so we submitted again this year and were accepted again! This year we will each have our own page!
The Kickstarter is running for the next month, but submissions to be featured in the calendar will close on June 15th. Here is the recap of the submission guidelines if you have a cosplay you want to have featured in the calendar:
- Recruitment starts April 15 and ends June 15 UNLESS we fill up all spots before then. So, first come first serve!
- This IS a 365 calendar. We need 312 shots for a 320 page page-a-day calendar.
- Group shots are welcome.
- Female cosplayers are allowed in photos if the male(s) are the focus.
- Calendar photo quality should be 300 dpi. We’ll set up a guide on how to check this.
- Due to the volume of requests, we cannot accommodate date requests.
- NO CON HALL SHOTS THAT LOOK LIKE CON HALL SHOTS PLEASE. (No lanyards, no attendees in the background, no vendors in the background, etc.)
- You can take a pic at a con if the con area is nice and artsy for a photo, or has a plain wall, etc. Just no visible lanyards and signage and attendees and such.
Check out the Kickstarter and help make it a reality again this year!