Emerald City Comic Con starts tomorrow, and I am stoked for my favorite con of the year!
If you haven’t yet, the first thing you should do is download the app, It’s available for both iOS and Android. It will let you have all the floor maps handy, plan out your schedule by adding panels, signings, etc to a calendar, please easily follow the social media feeds for the con. They put a lot of work into revamping the mobile app from last year, and it really paid off. The only bad thing I have to say about it, and this always seems to be a miss on con apps, is that you can’t add your own items to the calendar, so if you are going to a meetup or event not on the official calendar, you’ll be looking in two places for your schedule.
Some of the highlights I’m most looking forward to are:
- Having brunch and/or a beer with Nathan Fillion (though he hasn’t returned my tweets).
- Tons of great cosplay panels and workshops (several with Bill Doran from Punished Props and Eric Jones from CoreGeek Cosplay), the Cospitality Lounge (where they will have a changing room and a repair station complete with sewing machines), and the ECCC Western Championships of Cosplay.
- Meeting some of my favorite artists (Fiona Staples, Megan Lara, Dustin Nguyen, and Molly Lewis to name a few).
- Getting to interview the showrunner and some of the cast of Powers.
- Meetups! I’ll be trying to hit at least three–the Star Wars, anime, and Punished Props meetups
- Family HQ with my son. They will have a bunch of cool stuff for kids including a LEGO freeplay area and some lightsaber training.
- Lastly, finally getting to wear our finished father/son cosplay! Look for us–Ashitaka and a kodama!
I’ll be spending today at the Image EXPO, but will probably spend all of tomorrow morning putting the final touches on my cosplay. Are you going to ECCC? What are you most looking forward to? If you see me, make sure to say hello!