Sure, you may have everything inside your house connected to a hub and controllable from your phone, but what about outside? Today’s Amazon daily deal is a very cool way to bring the outdoors online, but connecting your irrigation system to your home IoT setup. The Rachio IRO Smart Wifi Enabled Irrigation Controller is on sale at $200 for the 8-zone configuration today, and includes the following capabilities:
- Weather Intelligence – Watering is automatic based on real time weather and seasonal adjustments. No need to schedule it.
- Better data, smarter watering – Rachio Water Reports confirm how much water you’re using and saving. Feel free to share your water savings prowess with friends.
- Pays for itself – Saves customers as much as 30% on their outdoor water use, giving them one of the fastest paybacks on any smart home device.
- EPA WaterSense Certified Product – Check with your local water municipality for rebate options. Rebates can range up to 100% of retail value.
- Connected home – Integrates with NEST, Wink, Control4, IFTTT and other top tier home automation systems for expanded functionality.