This week’s puzzle, as presented earlier in the week:
As we approach the Fourth of July, I thought that it would be appropriate to celebrate our Founding Fathers and selected figures from the Revolutionary War period the best way that I can — honoring them in the GeekDad Puzzle of the Week.
Below is a list of terms that, when properly unscrambled, make up the name of someone famous/infamous and relevant to the late 18th century…
Here is the list, complete with unscrambled figures from the 18th century:
- Oh Sand Jam – John Adams
- Kimbra Jenna Flinn – Benjamin Franklin
- Dalmatian Heron Lex – Alexander Hamilton
- Jess Off Heart Mon – Thomas Jefferson
- Amid Mensa Jos – James Madison
- See Wagon Girth Nog – George Washington
- Low Film Daily – William Floyd
- Caffeine Tights Rollo – Francis Lightfoot Lee
- Crack Isn’t Hot Rod – Richard Stockton
- End Candle Orbit – Benedict Arnold
- A Pure Lever – Paul Revere
- Bigoted Trim Lure – Gilbert du Motier
- Lune Spoon Hajj – John Paul Jones
- Late Hannah – Nathan Hale
- Hen Tell Ana – Ethan Allen
Congratulations to Eden Leibowitz, who not only correctly identified each of the names above, but was also chosen at random from the winning entries to receive this week’s $50 ThinkGeek Gift Certificate.
Thanks to everyone that entered a solution, and keep an eye out for this next week’s rather mathy puzzle!