There are words so central to the human existence they become the heuristics by which we live our lives: A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush; Don’t count your chickens before they hatch; Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line.
Still, it can be hard to distinguish this ancient wisdom from, well, modern garbage. The list below contains wisdom (or at least valid quotes) and phrases from a range of random sentence generators. Sort the list. Do you know wisdom when you see it?
1. The gleaming darkness confounds the fault.
2. When torrential water tosses boulders, it is because of its momentum.
3. A thesis presupposes the waste of this gleaming sky.
4. This thaw took a while to thaw, it’s going to take a while to unthaw.
5. A dream presupposes wisdom: it is the immanent decision.
6. High five is a skin ballot.
7. All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure.
8. Our thinking and our behavior are always in anticipation of a response.
9. Any light cannot be the charm of our omnipotent passage.
10. I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.
11. Ignorance is enhanced by the prudence of the benevolent thought.
12. The physical world, including our bodies, is a response of the observer.
13. The pure thought falsifies any passion.
14. Should a bass frown at an insult?
15. A wheel clicks before a sniff.
16. The poet extends into the rabbit.
17. One of the things important about history is to remember the true history.
18. Cancelled mud sticks in the oppressed winter frost.
19. Almost daily, a cat quickly sat on the screaming book.
20. The teacher nervously sat on the electronic candle.
21. The lizard people will find Billy eventually.
22. Swift as the wind, quiet as the forest, conquer like the fire, steady as the mountain.
23. Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance.
24. Some divisibility reveals the passion of any original void.