Last August I reviewed Collin Cunningham’s Circuit Sidekick, an iPad app that performs a plethora of electronic computations like figuring resistance and capacitance.
Circuit Playground simplifies electronics reference & calculation so you can have more fun hacking, making, & building your projects! This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad.
- Decipher resistor & capacitor codes with ease
- Calculate power, resistance, current, and voltage with the Ohm’s Law & Power Calc modules
- Quickly convert between decimal, hexadecimal, binary or even ASCII characters
- Calculate values for multiple resistors or capacitors in series & parallel configurations
- Store, search, and view PDF datasheets
- Access exclusive sneak peaks, deals & discounts at Adafruit Industries
That last bullet point holds a lot of promise, because Adafruit is one of the most beloved of resources for beginning hardware hackers. And they start you off with a $2.99 coupon for the Adafruit store, offsetting the $2.99 app price. There’s also an educational game slated to be included in a future release.
Note that the app is available only for iPhone and iPad right now, but apparently an Android version is in the works. See below for a video demo of the app.