Just because today is Thanksgiving, when family and food dominate our focus, doesn’t mean we need to stop being geeks. With a little effort, we can work our geekiness into the holiday. To that end, we at GeekDad thought we could help out with some suggestions for geeky things to say during your feast.
1. “When someone asks you if you want pie, you say ‘YES!'”
2. “Another helping? Inconceivable!”
3. “I say we take off and nuke the yams from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.”
4. “The stuffing is with you, young Skywalker. But you are not a Jedi yet.”
5. “Ach, Captain, I’m givin’ her all the gravy she’s got!”
6. “Rolls? Where we’re going, we don’t need … rolls.”
7. “That’s no turkey. It’s a space station.”
8. “I find your lack of cranberry sauce disturbing.”
9. “These aren’t the creamed onions you’re looking for.”
10. “Dammit, I’m a doctor, not a dish washer!” (Let us know if this one works; we’re too chicken to try it.)
Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at GeekDad!
[Note: A version of this article was published on GeekDad on Thanksgiving Day 2009.]