Every now and then, I get the urge to write a list of ten things. It’s a primary symptom of Bloggers’ Disease, which is also characterized by an exaggerated sense of self-importance and an obsession with finding out who’s linking to you. There are so many lists of ten things now that you might think that everything that can be listed has been. Tweaking an idea suggested to me by Phil Scarr (thanks, Phil!), I thought I’d come up with a list of geeky "Top 10" lists that nobody, anywhere, should ever write. Let me know in a comment if you think of any more.
2. Top 10 Star Trek: The Original Series Special Effects
3. Top 10 Ways the Old Battlestar Galactica Series Was Better Than the New One
4. Top 10 Reasons Why Val Kilmer Was the Best Batman Ever
5. Top 10 Best Novels by L. Ron Hubbard
7. Top 10 Reasons the Spider-Man Retcon Was a Good Idea
8. Top 10 Reasons to Forgive Fox for Canceling Firefly After Only One (Incomplete) Season
9. Top 10 Oscar-Worthy Hayden Christensen Acting Moments
10. Top 10 Reasons Why the Reveal of the Last Cylon Was Not the Least Bit Lame
There are countless others, of course–I rejected quite a few ideas in coming up with my list. Please add your ideas to the list, and let me know if you disagree with any of my choices.