Viper has released a new mechanical keyboard for competitive gamers, the V765.
What is it?
The Viper V675 is a full-size mechanical keyboard with a compact design and kailh white box switches, which are both water and dust resistant. (This is good news for geek parents whose children may spill on mom or dad’s new keyboard.) The V765 has a moisture rating of IP56. The keys have a 3.6mm travel distance, which gives gamers a better response time to vanquish their foes without sacrificing the mechanical feel. The chassis is made of aircraft aluminum, which makes it durable when taking it on the go or in any situation. The DIP LED box switch allows you to customize your lighting effects on the fly, which is a nice feature, and you can still customize it further by using the downloadable app. Along with lighting, you can change macro buttons with the app.
- Super durable aircraft aluminum construction
- Great feeling kailh switches
- Response on keys and switches are excellent.
- Ultra customizable colors and macros
- Compact design for a full-size keyboard
- Has a unique look
- Strong braided cable
- $90 makes it one of the most affordable keyboards for hardcore e-sports players
- No extra USB port on the device
- Cable does not detach, so it cannot be replaced or swapped out for a longer or shorter cable
- Hand rest is not the most comfortable
I review many keyboards, and though the V765 may be missing a couple of small features, it holds up (for the most part) with many of the top-of-the-line keyboards that are in the $150 price range. It may seem like a small thing, but I also like that it is not in the basic flat black color that most competitive keyboards come in. This helps it stand out a little from the pack. At $90 the V675 also is a good price for someone who may be just starting to take their gaming to the next level. I recommend the Viper V675 and look forward to seeing what else the Viper gaming line has in store for us.
A sample was provided by Viper Gaming.
You can purchase the Viper V675 here for $89.99.
You may read my previous articles and reviews here.