The board game (and board game-related!) news that caught our attention for the week ending December 28, 2018.
Given the holiday, there isn’t much happening this week. In fact, most of the sources I use for news haven’t been updated since last week. But here’s what I was able to track down:
- Railroad Rivals, a game I reviewed a bit back and really enjoyed, is out now in a premium edition that features “high-quality wood tiles and game components”. Strangely, it doesn’t appear to be available in this version on Amazon (although you can get the normal version there), but CSI has it at a pretty significant discount.
- In related news: Munchkins: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is also coming out in a “deluxe” edition, due out in January.
- The classic worker placement game Stone Age is coming out with a 10th-anniversary edition that includes screen-printed meeples, a double-sided board and mini-expansions, and will enable players to either stick with the original version of the game or play a winter variant.
What We’re Playing
Finally, here’s what the GeekDads played this week:
- Michael J played Carcasonne, Sushi Go (our featured image), Go Nuts for Donuts, Dragonwood, Pengoloo, Catan Jr, and Yeti Set Go.
- Robin Brooks played Quirkle Cubes and My Little Scythe.
- Jonathan Liu played Tsuro: Phoenix Rising and Welcome To…