Pop-Up Magazine is a “live magazine”: it’s like a general-interest magazine turned into a stage show, with writers, radio producers, photographers, filmmakers, and illustrators presenting a mix of stories about science, politics, pop culture, technology, and more. And unlike most things these days, it’s not recorded and broadcast later—it’s meant to be experienced live, and the most you’ll see online are little teaser videos like the one above.
Tickets are on sale now for this fall’s tour; here’s the upcoming schedule:
- Oct 18—Oakland / Paramount Theatre
- Oct 21—Los Angeles / The Theatre at Ace Hotel
- Oct 23—Portland / Revolution Hall
- Oct 30—New York / Lincoln Center (David Geffen Hall, formerly Avery Fisher Hall)
- Nov 1—Washington DC / Lincoln Theatre
- Nov 3—St Paul MN / The Fitzgerald Theater
I’ve been invited to attend the show in Portland, and I’m really excited! I’ll report back on what it’s like—but if you’re interested in experiencing it for yourself, you may want to secure your tickets in advance.
For more information, visit the Pop-Up Magazine website.