This week, we’re chatting with the incomparable Mary Robinette Kowal. Kowal is a (multiple) Hugo Award-winning novelist who is perhaps best known for the Glamourist Histories series of books, which is probably best described as “Jane Austen with magic.” That series began with Shades of Milk and Honey and continued through a total of five books. But Kowal hasn’t run out of things to say. Last year saw the release of Ghost Talkers, and she’s got even more on the horizon.
In addition to writing, Kowal is an accomplished puppeteer who’s been working in the business since 1989 and has appeared on Lazy Town and Sesame Street, to name just two.
On this episode, we chat about her career, how the Hugo affected her career, what draws her to writing about the Regency era, puppetry, and manual typewriters! Buckle up, and keep your hands inside the car at all times.
- Mary Robinette Kowal is on Twitter here.
- Shiri Sondheimer is on Twitter here.
- The show is on Twitter here and Facebook here.
- Jamie is on Twitter and Instagram as @theroarbots.
- Justin is on Twitter and Instagram as @140JustinC.