Welcome back to the latest edition of Re-Spawn where GeekMoms and GeekDads share video gaming news that caught our eye in the last week and let you know what we’ve played recently.
- Titanfall 2 has a new free expansion. It was released 04/25/17 but I managed to miss the announcement. I was thinking a few readers may have as well so I’m putting the details here. The DLC is available on Xbox One, PS4, and PC now. It includes a new map called Glitch that looks pretty sweet. The game and this video are rated M so watch wisely fellow parents.
- Prey is now available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. You can order the PC version from STEAM as well. My same warning applies, for this M-rated game. I must say, this one doesn’t seem as exciting to me as many other first-person survival games.
- Injustice 2 will be available 05/16/17 for Xbox One and PS4. There are 3 tiers available with each one unlocking a few more DLC fighters for your playing pleasure. Take a look at the gameplay video below. This one is rated T for teen so not as strong a warning but a warning nonetheless. This video reveals the characters in the first fighter pack.
- Microsoft Xbox’s latest:
- Current Games with Gold are The Walking Dead: Season Two (04/16 – 05/15), Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams – Director’s Cut (05/01 – 05/31), and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (05/01 – 05/15).
- You can check out the games on sale right now on the Deals With Gold page.
- You can always view current and upcoming releases on the Nintendo Games page but the highlights are:
- Hey! Pikmin (07/28/17) for the 3DS. The Pikmin franchise has always been a favorite in my house. My son and I are both very excited to try this one out. This is the first 2D platform version of Pikmin and combines your favorite Pikmin feel with the physical approach of a platform game. Here’s a bit of gameplay to tease you along for a while.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will have the first DLC pack available this summer. Called The Master Trials it will include the following features:
- Trail of the Sword (previously called Cave of Trails Challenge) is a dungeon experience that will have you fight wave after wave of enemies in each room and then proceed to the next once all have been defeated.
- Hard Mode increases the ranks of all enemies and those enemies will slowly regain health during the battle so the quicker you defeat them the better.
- Hero’s Path Mode helps you track where you’ve been in the vast open world of Hyrule so you can find areas you haven’t explored more easily. Best part? It will be retroactive so it will build the map from all your previous hours of gameplay once loaded.
- Travel Medallion will be hidden in a chest somewhere in the world and once you find it you will be able to create a temporary new travel point where you are standing.
- Korok Mask, once found, will allow you to find Korok locations more easily going forward.
- Eight new pieces of equipment. Once discovered they yield other items themed after other Zelda games.
- In case you missed it, Nintendo announced they are launching a new 2DS XL portable gaming system.
- And another item filed under in case you missed it, Nintendo has discontinued production of the Nintendo Classic system. If you don’t have one yet and want one I highly recommend you get one as soon as you spot it in the wild.
- Playstation has announced several upcoming releases for the PS4 since my last update.
- STEAM has lots of one-day or weekend sales and you should bookmark their News front page so you can keep up on them. Here is a link to the Specials section of the STEAM store as well.
- The new releases page highlights items that have recently become available on STEAM. The one I found most intriguing is Little Nightmares. It is available on other platforms but STEAM seems to be the only one actually plugging it so that’s where I’m plugging it, as well. The artistic style coupled with the original music gave me chills!
- Then the upcoming releases page shows you a list of games coming as far as the eye can see. Well, as far as 30 pages of listing can show you, I guess.
GeekMom and GeekDad often write about video games. Here are the full-length articles on our site from the last week:
- Corrina Lawson gives a few pointers with her “5 Things To Know About The New Nintendo 2DS XL.”
- Z. shared the completely adorable “4 New Pokemon Added to the Gallery Figures Collection.”
Below are the video games some of the GeekMom and GeekDad crew have been playing lately. Given International Tabletop Day was this week, it isn’t surprising our pixelated versions are a bit light:
- Will James: Transformers: Forged to Fight, Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, and Star Wars Force Arena (iOS)
- Anthony Karcz: Hearthstone, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Star Wars Puzzle Droids, and Marvel Puzzle Quest (iOS)
- Kelly Knox:
- Onirim (iOS)
- Persona 5 (PS4)
- Mike LeSauvage: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)
- Randy Slavey: Battlefield 1 (PS4)
- Samantha Fisher:
- 4 Aztec Skulls, Mary le Chef: Cooking Passion CE, Roads of Rome: New Generation, and Make it Big in Hollywood (BigFishGames for PC)
- Overwatch, and World of Warcraft (PC)
- Splendor and Shuffle Cats (Android)
- Paperback, Boggle with Friends, and Mahjongg (iOS)
Have you played any new games this week? Send me a comment or hit me up on Twitter (@samanthafisher) to let me know what you’ve been playing.