Here are the latest announcements and stories that caught our eyes this week:
- FoxMind and Mandoo have teamed up for Slide Blast, a tile-laying game about building the longest water slide, to be released in early 2017.
- The folks at Brain Games (publishers of Ice Cool) sent us this funny video Christmas card.
- Rio Grande announced Jump Drive, a stand-alone game that introduces players to the world of Race for the Galaxy
- In May, WizKids will be releasing miniatures for Agricola—each set includes 5 pre-painted miniatures and 20 cards, including some exclusives. Save up those pennies, though, because each set is $24.99.
- Keith Law from Paste has released his “10 Best Boardgames of 2016”—how does it compare to your list?
- For fans of escape rooms, Asmodee and Space Cowboys have an upcoming series called Unlock!
- Button Shy Games announced an app version of Avignon—along with their upcoming 1st Quarter Kickstarter, which will have a stand-alone expansion, Avignon: Pilgrimmage.
- HOP, the adorable family dexterity game reviewed here by Evil Genius Mum, has finally made it to the US, via Passport Games.
- Hasbro UK & Ireland has a Monopoly hotline to help settle disputes during the holidays: 0800 689 4903. But if you’re fighting over Monopoly, maybe there are some issues that a simple phone call won’t resolve.
Finally, here’s what some of the GeekDad Crew has been playing this week:
- Jonathan Liu: Yomi, Mechs vs. Minions, Monsters in the Elevator, Scythe, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Primordial Soup, Wu Wei, Scythe
- Gerry Tolbert: Buffalo, Punderdome, Insider, Santorini, Tak
- Randy Slavey: Gremlins
- Will James: Pathfinder Adventures, Scythe, Yomi, Beasts of Balance
- Anthony Karcz: Pathfinder Adventures