Here are the latest announcements and stories that caught our eyes this week:
- Space Cowboys (T.I.M.E. STORIES, Splendor, Hit Z Road) announced an upcoming “escape the room” card puzzle game. There will be three scenarios in the game, and it uses an app, as well. Unlock: The Escape Room Adventure Game will be available in June 2017.
- The fun, cooperative game Flash Point Fire Rescue is getting a digital version and will be available sometime in 2017 from RetroEpic Software.
- Hasbro has acquired publishing rights to the Mensa Select and wonderful party game Snake Oil (art by John Kovalic!) and will be giving it a wide release in December. Snake Oil had been published by Out of the Box Publishing, which went out of business last year.
- Hasbro will also be releasing a new version of the old Avalon Hill title, Acquire. The release date was not announced.
- If you like to paint your minis, Sorastro, an outstanding miniature painter, has a new app out with tutorials. Best of all, it’s free.
- Cape Fear games in Wilmington, North Carolina will be donating 100% of this weekend’s sales (up to $5,000) to help flood victims from Hurricane Matthew. Stop in the store or buy online.
… and that’s really about it. Short list this week. Maybe next week everyone will be recovered from Essen!
Finally, here’s what some of the GeekDad Crew has been playing this week:
- Sam Fisher: Unreal Estate
- Dave Banks: Dimension, Ticket to Ride: Rails & Sails, Dragon & Flagon, Karmaka
- Michael Harrison: Mansions of Madness, Bottom of the Ninth, and the FFG Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG
- Will James: Spires
- Anthony Karcz: Pathfinder Adventures (still!)
- Gerry Tolbert: Kumo Hogoshi and The Networks. Betrayal at House on the Hill:Widow’s Walk, The Crow, and Five Minute Dungeon.
- Jonathan Liu: Guild Masters, Universal Rule, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, and Clank!
- Robin Brooks: Osprey’s Agamemnon
- Ryan Hiller: Sheriff of Nottingham, Pathfinder (in SPAAAAACE!!)