We’ve seen plenty of photo storage services come and go. And social sites like Facebook want to be your home base, but there’s always going to be trust issues with them, and they’re not all about safe back-ups and easy access. But keeping everything on your phone isn’t a viable or safe solution. Enter Ever.
Ever is an app and service that you link to everywhere you keep photos – your phone, your social accounts, your other online storage, and backs them up with multiple-redundancy, insuring nothing will ever get lost. Then, they give you access to them via the app, and the tools to organize them, edit them, share them, and build viewable online or printed albums.
Once all your photos are backed-up on Ever, you can see them all in the app, from where you can edit them to your heart’s content, adding filters, stickers, color enhancements, frames, text, and more. And it’s non-destructive so you can always get back to the original. Once you’re done, you can share your photos out to all your favorite destinations, like social accounts, messages, email, and so forth.
The organizing algorithms make for some very smart albums as well. Using metadata, you get the typical location-based albums, but it can also pick up on selfies, specific holidays, or landmarks; for example, in my back-up, it created separate albums for pictures I’d taken on or around specific rides at Disneyland. Or it creates things called flip books – it recognizes series of similar pictures and groups them together to create little animated-gif-style experiences.
Here’s how they describe it:
- Ever is the only comprehensive photo storage and organization service that automatically and securely collects and organizes your photos and videos from everywhere they live: from your phone’s camera roll, social media accounts, emails, texts, and wherever else they may be hiding. We make those memories come alive, creating delightful stories you can easily customize and share with family and friends.
- On a daily basis, Ever reminds you of the small, magical moments in life, creating custom throwbacks, albums, flip books, and slideshow videos for you to view, customize, and share. We make creating photo books painless too, automatically generating books from your best memories, making it easy to edit and order from our mobile or desktop applications.
- Free space on your phone once your memories are safely backed up on Ever, so you never miss those ice cream on your kid’s face moments.
- We store your photos on super secure servers multiple times, protecting your memories against natural disasters, crazy people, and the occasional dip in the pool.
- Every day, Ever reminds you of those magical moments, creating custom throwbacks, albums, flip books, and slideshow videos for you to view, customize, and share.
- We use high-tech, computer awesomeness to take the pain out of organizing your photos, automatically creating albums and allowing you to easily find photos of your favorite people, vacations, pets, and more.
And here’s the thing – as I mentioned above – it’s free.
There is a paid tier. For $10 a month (cheaper if you pay for the year), you can back up all your photos at their original resolution, and all your videos as well. Again, that’s unlimited storage, so… quite the deal!