I love to cook, which means I have very few shirts that aren’t stained with sauces, oils, and other ingredients from my kitchen experiments.
A few years back, I went into this super-cute general store in New England and found a handmade apron for a mere $6. It was a no-brainer of a purchase, as well as one that has saved me from having to throw out half of my wardrobe.
Aprons are an essential kitchen tool, which come in a variety of patterns. While the $6 special is hard to come by, if you’re willing to pay a few extra bucks, there are a slew of them out there that allow you to extend your geeky fashion to the kitchen—or even the convention hall. Want to see what’s cooking in the world of geeky aprons? Check out the slideshow for 13 of my current favorites.
- Star Trek Starfleet Uniform Apron: $24.99 on Amazon.
- Star Wars-inspired Handmade Boba Fett Apron: $95 via ActionPink on Etsy.
- Wonder Woman Retro Apron: $100 via Bambino Amore on Etsy.
- Doctor Who Tardis Apron: $24.99 on Amazon.
- My Little Pony Rainbow Dash Apron: $85 via MTCoffinz on Etsy.
- Harley Quinn Vintage-style Apron: $82 via Bambino Amore on Etsy.
- Super Mario Red Vintage Apron: $70 via Bambino Amore on Etsy.
- Buffy Sunnydale Cheerleader Apron: $45 via NerdAlertCreations on Etsy.
- Where the Wild Things Are Kids Apron: $28 via As You Wish Boutiques on Etsy.
- Harry Potter Ravenclaw Apron: $45 via NerdAlertCreations on Etsy.
- Ghosbusters Pinafore Apron: $90 via MTCoffinz on Etsy.
- Pee Wee Herman Apron: $72 via Bambino Amore on Etsy.
- Beemo Adventure Time Apron: $95 via Darling Army.