You may recall the post I wrote (and which a LOT of people read and responded to) about our sponsor, the very cool Summer of Minecraft camp where your kids (and you, right alongside them) can learn how to play and program Minecraft LIKE A BOSS. Some key features:
- Problem solving and design
- Advanced building techniques
- Online and web literacy
- Collaboration and community organizing
- Digital citizenship
- Weekly challenges that engage players of all levels
- Guides for parents and educators
- Live streams introducing challenges and showcasing player creations
- An online forum for campers to ask questions and share
But not everyone was ready to jump on board without learning more. So the folks a Connected Camps have now made it possible to Try Before You Buy. They’re offering two demo sessions,
tonight (May 1st) from 4:30pm – 5:30pm Pacific Time, or next Friday (May 8th) at the same time. If you’d like to give it a try, just follow this link, and they’ll hook you up with access to their servers and instructions for joining the demo. If you DO sign up for the demo, tell them GeekDad sent you!
Really, this seems like a no-brainer for any big Minecraft fans. It’s not about sitting in front of your computer all summer, but it is a great opportunity to really learn about programming and explore the awesome creativity available in the game.