Last week’s fairly fair-y puzzle as posted:
Max and his younger sister Nora went with two friends (Caroline and Grant) to the North Georgia State Fair yesterday afternoon. While everyone tried each of the rides and food items, everyone had their favorite food, and no two children had the same favorite food or ride. With the set of observations in this puzzle post, can you determine each child’s favorite food and ride, as well as their place in the hierarchy of ages?
- When Max and Caroline rode the Bee ride together, Max rode on the outside seat, as he is older.
- The oldest child preferred the Tea Cup ride above all others, but does not like lemonade.
- Caroline’s hands were sticky from her favorite food (Cotton Candy) and her hands stuck to the Dumbo ride she rode just before riding her favorite.
- My children Max and Nora are the younger specimens of their genders, respectively.
- The youngest child loved the Rollercoaster most of all, but did not like either corndogs (which Max loves) or popcorn.
Based upon the observations above, here is each child with their rank in age, favorite food, and favorite ride.
|Child’s Name||Age Rank||Favorite Food||Favorite Ride|
|Max||Second oldest||Corndogs||Dumbo ride|
|Caroline||Second youngest||Cotton Candy||Bee ride|
Thanks to everyone that posted a response to this week’s puzzle — we had some great turnout, and a lot of correct (or reasonably correct) answers. Congratulations to Shaun Verrinder for submitting a correct answer, and for being drawn at random from the correct responses received. Shaun will soon be the owner of this week’s GeekDad Puzzle of the Week prize, a generously donated $50 ThinkGeek Gift Certificate courtesy of ThinkGeek — just in time for Halloween!