One of my favorite geek music duos, Debs and Errol, want to make a geeky music parody EP. To do this, they need your help! Enter their Indiegogo campaign.
When completed, this yet-to-be-titled EP will contain six songs. Currently, Debs and Errol can tell you that the album will contain the following five parodies:
- “TIE After TIE,” a parody of “Time After Time” by Cindy Lauper;
- “Falling Quickly,” a Tetris parody of “Falling Slowly” by Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová;
- “If I Were an Undead Crawler,” a parody of “If I Had a Million Dollars” by the Barenaked Ladies;
- “A Virtual World,” a parody of Aladdin‘s “A Whole New World”;
- “I Didn’t Know the Tribble,” a parody of “I Knew You Were Trouble” by Taylor Swift.
Once the campaign is over, everyone who contributed, regardless of amount, will get to vote on the final song. The songs up for vote are:
- “My Partner’s a Nerd” (“Part of Your World”)
- “Can You Find My Keys Tonight?” (“Can You Feel the Love Tonight?”)
- “Commodore 64” (“Old Time Rock n’ Roll”)
- “Buy Me Harvest Moon” (“Fly Me to the Moon”)
- “Give All to You” (“Hallelujah”)
- “Greatest Canadian Zero” (“Greatest American Hero”)
Songs about Star Wars, Star Trek, Tetris, and more! What more could you possibly want? Perks, right?
There are some amazing perks in this campaign, including t-shirts, handmade Totoro shakers, private Google+ Hangout concerts, digital albums, being turned into a comic character, and an autographed limited-edition hardcover edition of the first 72 Debs and Errol comics.
While you are waiting for this awesome album from Debs and Errol, you can listen to and purchase their first album, Songs in the Key of Geek on Bandcamp, or via the player found below.
In the interest of full disclosure, Errol wrote, recorded, and performed the songs for my book, Five Little Zombies and Fred. Even if he was not a close pal, I’d still be shaking people while urging them to support this Indiegogo campaign. Why? The world needs more awesome, good-quality, geek music and parodies.