Here are a few programs that let you help with hurricane relief in ways that fit who you are:
- The Hurricane Bundle is $20 at DriveThruRPG. It includes the Clockwork and Chivalry 2nd edition core rulebook, ’45 – Psychobilly Retropocalypse, 100 Points Four Square, Adversaries: The Triad, Age of Lords, Ancient Temple, and tons more with a total value of more than $250.
- Castle Dice is a game currently on Kickstarter — you may have read about it over on GeekDad. There’s not much time left, but they have reached their goal. So instead of announcing any more stretch goals, they’ve decided to donate 10 percent of all revenue raised over $34,000 to hurricane relief.
- Children’s author Kate Messner is organizing an online talent auction, Kid-Lit Cares Superstorm Sandy Relief Effort, in which agents, authors, illustrators, and editors are donating services, including manuscript critiques, Skype visits, virtual writing workshops, and more. Donations go directly to the Red Cross disaster relief fund.
- If you’re looking for something different from the usual Red Cross donation, the Craft Emergency Relief Fund has multiple lines of assistance for hurricane relief. Donate here.
- If you’re a FarmVille player, you can spend $1 to send a Skyline Unicorn to a friend. You’ll get a Skyline Tree, your friend gets the unicorn, and the $1 goes to Direct Relief International.
- MTV Geek recommends a few ways for comic book fans to support New York, including buying from comic book stores there.