Yes, Halloween is our favorite holiday here at GeekDad. So we’re going to continue with that spooktacular theme for this week’s puzzle. In the image above (click to embiggen … if you dare) are props or hints that allude to an unlucky 13 different scary movies. Identify all 13 correctly and you’ll have a chance to win $50 from the the ghouls and goblins over at Think Geek. So grab a pencil, fire up Google and get started. Or let go. Be afraid. You all taste so much better when you’re afraid.
- This is obviously the hockey mask from Friday the 13th. (As several of our astute readers point out, the mask wasn’t seen until the third movie.)
- The tall man’s flying sphere from Phantasm.
- If you saw this on your chest, it would not be good. They are the targeting lasers from Predator. But then again, you probably don’t have time to bleed.
- The Bible should have tipped you off that this answer is The Exorcist. If not, the name on the book should have sealed the deal.
- Danny’s not here, Mrs. Torrance. He’s playing hide and seek with his dad in The Shining.
- What kind of beans are those? The kind that go well with liver and a nice Chianti.
- Simply put, The Birds.
- Your geek cred might be in jeopardy if you didn’t recognize the Necronomicon Ex-Mortis from the Evil Dead series.
- The puzzle box from Hellraiser can ruin your day … or rest of your short, painful life.
- A leather apron (with a subtle nod to Texas in the lower left) can only mean one thing: chainsaws!
- The answer I was looking for here was the movie where Tallahassee was looking for his favorite food, but I also accepted the “big Twinkie” reference from Ghost Busters, too.
- Kill the Queen. On the jukebox.
- Horror movie. Shower Curtain. Hitchcock, again.
Congratulations to Michael Legate who got them all right and had his entry randomly chosen to win a $50 gift certificate from the raving lunatics and fearsome freaks at ThinkGeek. You too can be a winner by saving $10 off a $40 order by using the code GEEKDAD65RW during checkout at ThinkGeek.
Be sure to check back on Monday when Dead Dave G. will have a puzzle so tough, it might even stump John Kramer. The word’s still out on whether or not Dave will allow you to survive — October puzzles at GeekDad can be … horrifying.