Are you one of the ten geeks in the nation who is not going to Comic-Con this year? Here is one of the huge cultural icons that will be taking the con floor by storm.
The internet sensation Domo! The widely popular animated character Domo became a cultural icon with his first appearance as the Japanese public broadcaster NHK’s mascot in 1998. Not only a hit in Japan, but in a few short years Domo turned into a global internet sensation becoming the poster child for user-generated content spawning hundreds of thousands of fan-made images, websites and videos.
* Domo’s online presence is also at an all-time high with his Facebook page reaching 100,000 fans, an impressive feat considering only 4% of Facebook fan pages have even 10,000 fans.
* Virtual Greats has rolled out new Domo-themed ‘virtual goods’ on Facebook and will soon launch on new social gaming sites like WeeWorld and Outspark. An impressive eight out of the top ten items featured in the Facebook Gift Shop are currently Domo items.
* New Domo hats, t-shirts, board shorts, bags, loungewear, Qee’s, and Vinyl’s hitting retail
* Domo skateboards, helmets, posters, playing cards, and holiday ornaments coming soon!
* Domo apparel and accessories expand into Mexico, Brazil, Italy, and Spain
The Dark Horse booth at SDCC will have Domo and his products on display. Additionally, Dark Horse will be selling an exclusive Domo Qee at SDCC. To provide some perspective, last year, the exclusive Domo item sold out on the first day. However, Big Tent Entertainment would like to give one lucky GeekDad reader (and their geeklet) a “Domo Starter Pack” to get acquainted with Domo and his zany world.
Here is the list of items in the “Domo Starter Pack” to share:
- 2 Domo posters
- 1 Domo Volume 1 DVD
- 3 Domo iphone skins
- 1 Domo laundry bag
- 1 pair of Domo boxers
- 2 Domo messengers bags (identical; one for parent, one for child)
- 1 Domo USB Flash Memory Drive
- 1 Domo “Caption This” Game—Write the best captions for the pictures of Domo and his friends!
- 1 8″ Domo flocked vinyl figure
- 1 large Domo plush
- 1 Domo wall art
- 1 Domo wall calendar
- 2 Domo t-shirts (sized one for parent, one for child)
- 2 Domo baseball caps
- 2 Domo winter hats (beanies)
Thanks to Domo’s licensing agency, Big Tent Entertainment, who along with the many licensees, are providing for this opportunity (and also provided the images).