Just because today is Thanksgiving, when family and food dominate our focus, doesn’t mean we need to stop being geeks. With a little effort, we can work our geekiness into the holiday. To that end, we at GeekDad came up with a slightly modified version of Norman Rockwell‘s famous painting “Freedom From Want.” We also thought we could help out with some suggestions for geeky things to say during your Thanksgiving feast.
1. “When someone asks you if you want pie, you say ‘YES!'”
2. “Another helping? Inconceivable!”
3. “I say we take off and nuke the yams from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.”
4. “The stuffing is with you, young Skywalker. But you are not a Jedi yet.”
5. “Ach, Captain, I’m givin’ her all the gravy she’s got!”
6. “Rolls? Where we’re going, we don’t need… rolls.”
7. “That’s no turkey. It’s a space station.”
8. “I find your lack of cranberry sauce disturbing.”
9. “These aren’t the creamed onions you’re looking for.”
10. “Dammit, I’m a doctor, not a dish washer!” (Let us know if this one works; we’re too chicken to try it.)
A huge “Thank you!” to GeekDad Nathan Barry, who came through in the clutch to create our geeky Thanksgiving tableau, despite being a Brit and therefore not a celebrant of the holiday.
Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at GeekDad!