The board game (and board game-related!) news that caught our attention for the week ending December 14, 2018.
A quick summary of this week’s board game news:
- Power Grid, the game about the causes of global warming, turns 15 next year. In addition to being our featured image, it’s also getting a new anniversary edition.
- Munchkin now has a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles edition and a deluxe version based on Harry Potter. At some point, they will run out of licenses to add to Munchkin, but that time is not now.
- In more interesting licensing news, there’s a new card game based on Ghostbusters.
- Ever dream of riding Magic: The Gathering: The Roller Coaster? You may soon be able to, as Hasbro is entering the theme park business. No, really.
Games we’ve reviewed this week here on GeekDad:
- Robin Brooks wrote about “5 Small Box Games to Entertain Over the Holidays.”
- Simon Yule wrote up “D&D Curse of Strahd: Session 80.”
- Jonathan Liu wrote a Reaping the Rewards follow-up of Ravine.
What We’re Playing
Finally, here’s what the GeekDads played this week:
- Robin Brooks played Anomia: Kids, I Saw It First, and Wibbell++.
- Simon Yule played Dungeon Mayhem and D&D Curse of Strahd.
- Jonathan Liu played Battle of the Bards, Crypt, Deep Sea Adventure, Duelosaur Island, Ganymede, Root, Terra Evolution, That’s Not Lemonade, Towers of the Sun, and Dawn of Peacemakers.
- Logan Giannini played Camel Up, Azul: Stained Glass of Sintra, Keyforge, The Mind, and Gorus Maximus.
- Michael Pistiolas played Star Wars: Imperial Assault.
- Luke Forney played The Tale of Ord.
- Dave Banks played Western Legends and Wingspan.