- Nomad Games announced that it has acquired digital rights to three of AEG’s titles: Mystic Vale, Space Base, and Cat Lady.
- BoardGameGeek has a listing of new titles that will be released or demoing at Gen Con this year—there are 200 titles currently on the list already! It’s a handy way to track the games that you’re interested in.
- This week’s image is from Nut So Fast.
- The Diana Jones Award for Excellence in Gaming, awarded each year at Gen Con, released its list of nominees last week: Charterstone, the Actual Play movement, the 200 Word RPG challenge, Harlem Unbound, and Analog Game Studies. Find out more about the nominees here.
- Speaking of awards, Origins Game Fair (last week) has its own list of awards: Gloomhaven won Game of the Year, and you can see the rest of the winners here.
- Bezier Games announced the latest addition to the One Night Ultimate series: One Night Ultimate Super Villain. Expect the Kickstarter to launch at the end of July, just in time for Gen Con.
- Lone Shark Games has released The Ninth World, a card game set in Monte Cook’s world of Numenera.
- The Lord of the Rings: The Living Card Game is headed to digital—expect Early Access on Steam at the end of August with single player mode, with cooperative mode planned for later.
- If you don’t have the digital version of Tokaido, now’s your chance—it’s on sale for half price on Steam ($4.99), the App Store ($.99), and Google Play ($.99).
At GeekDad, we write a lot about tabletop games. Here’s what we’ve written about this past week:
- Rory Bristol risked his personal sanity to investigate Elder Dice.
- I upgraded my game room with several rock-and-rolling stools from Fully, and became a furry rail baron in Raccoon Tycoon.
Finally, here’s what some of the GeekDad Crew has been playing this week:
- Jonathan Liu: My Little Scythe, Raccoon Tycoon, Hippos Love Sushi, BarBEARians, Burgle Bros, Mystic Vale: Mana Storm
- Sara Blackburn: The Fox in the Forest
- Rob Huddleston: Love Letter
- Robin Brooks: Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire
- Logan Giannini: Menara, Dinosaur Island, Cockroach Poker, Cosmic Run: Rapid Fire