This year’s E3 2018 Microsoft event was all video games all the time. With the release just last year of the new Xbox One X, the focus of the event for 2017 was very much on the impressive new console release. This year, we spent the entire show seeing which new games/expansions we can expect to see later in 2018 and into 2019. And they did not disappoint. With 50 games announced/discussed, it was a jam-packed evening of hi-res video gaming eye candy.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Halo Infinity
- Ori and The Will of the Wisps
- Fallout 76 (will give more detail in the Bethesda recap)
- Metro Exodus releasing February 22nd, 2019
- Kingdom Hearts for the first time ever on Xbox releases January 29, 2019
- Battlefield V releasing October 2018
- Five new studios have joined the Microsoft Studios team. The Initiative, Undead Labs, Playground Games, Ninja Theory, and Compulsion Games
- We Happy Few (from Compulsion Games) releases September 10th, 2018
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds will get the new map Sanhok and War Mode in Winter 2018 on Xbox
- Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 from Ubisoft
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider releasing September 14th, 2018
- Devil May Cry 5 releasing in Spring 2019
- Cuphead in The Delicious Last Course is new DLC for Cuphead that adds new fights and a new female playable character.
- Dying Light 2 doesn’t have a release date yet, but has a very cool dynamic environment that is shaped by the decisions you make as the player.
- Xbox Game Pass continues to be a lot of bang for your buck, with Fallout 4 available now, tonight with Game Pass. Here are many of the other games available:
As always, Microsoft put on a great show to an even bigger audience and the amazing graphics of the games on this console continue to blow me away. What announcements caught your eye?