Welcome to the Playmobil Playroom, where we take a monthly peek inside those impressive blue boxes and see what treasures await within. Sometimes we’ll have step-by-step photos walking you through assembly, maybe we’ll discuss and review a particular set or theme, or maybe we’ll have an unboxing video.
Every month, we have the pleasure of opening the newest of new Playmobil toys, and—I’m not going to lie—there’s been a lot of cool stuff. However, I think I’ve found a new favorite theme (at least for the time being). The Wild Life theme is simply bursting at the seams with awesomeness. Today, we’re looking at the Ranger Station with Animal Area (6936), but there’s so much more to this theme to fill out your playroom floor.
Want to send your Playmobil figures on a true adventure? Add the way-cool tree house, pickup truck, inflatable boat with explorers, firefighting seaplane, safari plane, safari truck with lions, ranger’s truck with elephants, and lots more African animals. I could easily go broke creating a plastic safari.
- Product Number: 6936
- Number of Pieces: 175 pieces
- Number of figures: 2 adults (1 man, 1 woman), giraffe, rhino, snake, zebra, 2 monkeys
Ease of Build:
On a scale of 1-5, this one’s a 2 or 3. It’s a relatively easy build. The house, deck, and roof all snap together, as do the fence pieces for the animal enclosure. As usual, there are a lot of little pieces and itty-bitty stickers, but assembly of the ranger station is fairly straightforward and shouldn’t cause any problems. Many of the pieces that contribute to the high piece count are little connecting bits that snap into place and hold the house together.
- For this set, the best features are the small details. The ranger station is meant to be a field hospital, of sorts, for the animals there. So there are bandages and casts that you can wrap around their legs and stickers that look like huge Band-Aids. Perfect for mimicking all sorts of injured animals.
- The rocking chair, wraparound deck, and foldaway bed in the ranger station are cute, unique features of the set.
- Since the fence is composed of 12 different pieces, you can make it almost any shape you want.
The Ranger Station can easily be combined with any number of other sets and themes. Almost immediately after it was put together, my kids made the ranger station exist in the same world as the zoo and camping lodge. It can stand for a feeding or research station at a zoo or safari park, or it can be fancy private lodge for adventurous campers. As with so many Playmobil sets, the only limit is your imagination.
It should come as no surprise to anyone that this gets two enthusiastic thumbs up. They love Playmobil animals, and the little details inside the ranger station are really well thought out and make this set a lot of fun.
(Disclosure: This Playmobil set was provided free of charge for review purposes. All opinions remain our own.)