Here’s your Geek Daily Deals on gadgets, gear, and other useful stuff any geek family needs!
Geek Daily Deals:
10-inch Miter Saw With Laser Guide by Hitachi:
Anyone who has done any woodworking, especially around the home, knows that a miter saw can come in tremendously handy for those precise cuts needed for things like baseboard and crown moulding. This one has all the bells and whistles, including a laser guide for perfect cuts every time:
- Hitachi’s Laser Marker System for increased cutting accuracy
- 15 Amp motor, powerful for the toughest cutting jobs
- 0-52 Degree miter angle range, to the right and left for increased flexibility
- 0-45 Degree bevel angle range, to the left with adjustable bevel stops for precision cuts
- Horizontal handle with soft, vibration reducing Elastomer grip adds comfort and control
- Large pivoting flip fence, raises 4″ for cutting crown molding vertically
- Thumb actuated positive stops, easy to use for quick miter adjustments
- Dust collector attachment, to minimize airborne particles
- Only 26.5 lbs to facilitate maneuverability and portability
- Includes: 10″ 24T TCT Saw Blade (311128), Pivoting Flip Fence (326704), Dust Bag (322955), Vise Assembly (322952), 10mm Box Wrench (940543), 4mm Hex Bar Wrench (944458), Material Support Extension (321549)
And the best part is you can save $60 and pick one up for $100 today!!
I was reading my Twitter feed the other day and someone from Hollywood mentioned how they figured playing a round of Fiasco! would teach a lot of show writers a lot about telling good stories with well-rounded characters. Well, today there’s a sale on this excellent role-playing game about real people and their motivations.
Fiasco is an award winning, GM less game for 3 to 5 players, designed to be played in a few hours with 6 sided dice and no preparation. During a game you will engineer and play out stupid, disastrous situations, usually at the intersection of greed, fear, and lust. It’s like making your own Coen brothers movie, in about the same amount of time it’d take to watch one. An Ennies Judge’s Spotlight award recipient. Fiasco is a roleplaying game about ordinary people with powerful ambition and poor impulse control. It won’t go well for them, to put it mildly and in the end it will probably all go south in a glorious heap of jealousy, murder, and recrimination.