Here’s your Geek Daily Deals on gadgets, gear, and other useful stuff any geek family needs!
Geek Daily Deals:
Aropey 4-Port USB Charging Station:
We featured a number of different kinds of USB charging stations for devices, and this one isn’t particularly stylish, or portable. But this one has a feature that I really, really like: it has an on/off switch! I know, that seems stupid; you can just unplug it from the wall. But that seems somehow messier, leaving an unplugged device lying around (and maybe where you plug it in is a pain to reach). The simplicity of being able to turn it off when you don’t need it, and so you can prevent vampire power loss, seems really nice.
JETech 30-Pin to USB Cables for Older iPhones/iPads:
While keeping up with the latest and greatest is always nice, sometimes what we already have works jus fine, and we don’t need to spend the money. That’s fine, but when the connecting technology advances as well, and we’re left with legacy posts, we need to be able to find cables that will still work for our devices. This deal on the original 30-pin connector cables for iPhones and iPads is pretty good in that respect.
- Meets/exceeds Apple’s standards
- 3.2ft (1 meter) long Apple 30-pin connector to USB Type A
- Lightweight and easily coiled, highly durable construction for reliability
- Durable cable jacket protects wire cores and resists kinks and tangles
- Heavy-duty conductors to handle charging for iPad 1/2/3, iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 3G/3GS, iPod nano 5th/6th generations and iPod Touch 3rd/4th generations