H20 Voyager full face snorkel mask takes some of the anxiety out of snorkeling. Instead of having two pieces of equipment, you just have one. When I’ve snorkeled in the past, I would bite down hard on my mouthpiece out of fear that I’d lose it and I’d drown.
The 180 in the name means you have 180-degree vision, something you don’t have when using a traditional snorkel mask. I couldn’t believe the difference when I put it on myself.
Before taking this mask out into the open sea for some serious snorkeling, do what my family did and test it out in a pool first.
If you’re ready to see the mask in action check out the video below. Make sure to have your sound on at the 0:12 mark so you can hear my husband talk while swimming with the mask on.
After playing with the mask in the pool for a bit, my husband and son gave me a few important notes worth mentioning.
- Make sure you have a good seal around your face before getting in the water. If you don’t then the mask will leak on you.
- If you get overzealous and the snorkel goes under the water, stop breathing.
- We went to the bottom of a six-foot deep pool and the mask held up just fine. Just remember you are not a fish and you can’t breathe underwater, even with this mask on. The manufacturer recommends you keep this to a minimum because it’s not what the mask is designed for.
- Straps are easy to adjust if you decide to share it with someone else.
- If water does get into the mask, it’s designed to go away from your face and out the bottom vent.
- As you can tell from the video, you can hear my husband really well when he’s got his face in the water, which is a major bonus over a traditional snorkel set up.
- The mask can be broken down into two parts for easy packing.
- As the name implies, this mask has the ability to hold your GoPro camera so you can capture all your adventures without any additional equipment.
After we were done
playing testing, my family agreed that we will be getting two more so we don’t have to share. And when we take our next Disney cruise, this puppy will be coming with me and hopefully, I’ll see that elusive hidden Mickey out at Castaway Cay.
H20 Voyager 180 is available on their website for $80 and comes in a variety of color choices and sizes so you get the right fit.
Disclaimer: GeekMom received a review sample.