Weekly Poll: Do You See Movies Right Away, or Wait?

Entertainment Geek Culture Movies
Team Captain America: Falcon (Anthony Mackie), Ant-Man (Paul Rudd), Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), Captain America (Chris Evans), Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen), and Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan) Photo Credit: Film Frame © Marvel 2016
Team Captain America: Falcon (Anthony Mackie), Ant-Man (Paul Rudd), Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), Captain America (Chris Evans), Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen), and Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan) Photo Credit: Film Frame © Marvel 2016

Captain America: Civil War was the run-away favorite for most-anticipated summer movie (see below for the rest of the results). I normally see the new big movie on Thursday night, but this week my son asked me to wait and see it with him, so I didn’t get to the theater until Saturday afternoon. That’s still during opening weekend, so not too bad.

But I do sometimes struggle with wanting to see big movies right away (mostly to avoid people spoiling it for me) and the fact that I really do enjoy seeing movies when I can be alone in the theater, so I don’t have to worry about the family that brought their much-too-young children to the theater and had to spend most of the movie shushing them.

And that leads to our poll this week: do you like to rush out and catch a movie on opening weekend, or would you rather wait a bit and try to see it with fewer crowds?

[poll id=’60’]

Last Week’s Results

As I mentioned above, we had a clear, not-at-all-surprising winner: for 47% of you, summer movie season may as well already be over now that Captain America is out. For the other 53%, 10% can’t wait to see X-Men, while Finding Dory, Suicide Squad, Independence Day, and Tarzan all tied at 7%. Pete’s Dragon, Star Trek, The BFG, Ghostbusters and Warcraft all got a single vote, while no one seems excited to see TMNT, Alice, or Ben-Hur. It’ll be interesting to see if there ends up being any correlation between our reader’s excitement level and how those movies end up performing at the box office.

Liked it? Take a second to support GeekDad and GeekMom on Patreon!

1 thought on “Weekly Poll: Do You See Movies Right Away, or Wait?

  1. How could you forget the all-important option “Whenever I can get the babysitting”? 😉

Comments are closed.