Let’s face it; most moms like chocolate. And, since chocolate is one of the traditional Mother’s Day gifts, I have listed ten of my favorite chocolate treats for Mother’s Day week. If you’re too busy to make something chocolate from scratch, give these a go.
1. Whitman’s Sampler chocolate assortments. You can’t go wrong with Whitman’s Samplers. These samplers have been around for many decades, enjoyed by generations of moms. And, because they have specialized boxes for all dark, all milk, all nut/chewy/crisp, and sugar-free, you’re sure to be able to please. The variety of chocolates included keeps it fun.
3. York Peppermint Patties. The strong peppermint in these really does refresh you, kind of like a mini vacation. Take a bite and be mentally whisked away to somewhere cold and refreshing, like in the old commercials.
4. Lindt’s Lindor Truffles. These come in a variety of flavors, as well as variety packs, and are a family favorite. If you like any form of chocolate, they have you covered, with white, milk, dark, and extra dark chocolate options, as well as peanut butter, caramel, and more.
5. Ferrero Rocher. These hazelnut chocolate flavor explosions are popular around the winter holidays, but are just as good at Mother’s Day. Get Mom a flat of these and she might consider sharing.
6. Dove chocolate. Dove’s chocolate is extremely smooth and satisfying. Give some to the chocolate-loving mom in your life and allow her to savor it.
7. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. The combination of chocolate and peanut butter is a favorite among many candy-loving moms. There aren’t special Reese’s shapes specifically for Mother’s Day, but the round ones will do quite well, thank you very much.
8. Ghirardelli Chocolate Squares. Ghirardelli makes these squares in many different flavors, but try the Dark and Caramel Sea Salt this year for Mother’s Day. The sweet, creamy, salty flavor will treat Mom to something special.
9. Mozart Kugel Balls. Go with a more European flair this year with Austria’s famous Mozart Balls. These contain milk and dark chocolate, pistachio and almond marzipan, and a hazelnut praline. They are unlike anything else on this list.
10. Conventional candy bars. If your favorite mom is more of a no frills type, perhaps a more common (and more affordable) candy bar is her speed. My favorites include 3 Musketeers, Milky Way Dark, and Kit Kat.
What are your favorite mom’s favorite chocolates?