Calling all cosplayers and cosplay photographers! Submissions for the 2017 Men Vs Cosplay calendar are now open!
This will be the fourth year in a row that Men Vs Cosplay is producing a calendar, and it will be the second page-a-day-calendar. You can see all the details from the 2016 campaign and calendar here. Submissions will remain open until June 15th or until all slots are full. Cosplayers and photographers are not paid nor do they have to pay to be in the calendar. However, they do get great exposure if selected.
I will say that the Men Vs Cosplay community is great, and I am very happy to have submitted and been selected last year–my son and I shared February 10th as Spike and Ein from Cowboy Bebop–and to be part of this community. This year we’re submitting separately for our own pages. Since approval isn’t guaranteed, I don’t want to share the photos we submitted just yet, but I will say it is from our Princess Mononoke cosplay we wore to Emerald City Comic Con this year.
Once at least half of the required submissions are accepted, Men Vs Cosplay will launch their Kickstarter campaign to fund production of the calendar. The digital version of the calendar will be created and given to all participants for free whether or not the campaign is successful.
Here is the mini FAQ from Men Vs Cosplay for those interested:
- Recruitment starts April 15, and ends June 15 UNLESS we fill up all spots before then. So, first come first serve!
- This IS a 365 calendar. We need 312 shots for a 320 page page-a-day- calendar.
- Group shots are welcome.
- Female cosplayers are allowed in photos if the male(s) are the focus.
- Calendar photo quality should be 300 dpi. We’ll set up a guide on how to check this.
- Due to the volume of requests, we cannot accommodate date requests.
- NO CON HALL SHOTS THAT LOOK LIKE CON HALL SHOTS PLEASE. (No lanyards, no attendees in the background, no vendors in the background, etc.)
- You can take a pic at a con if the con area is nice and artsy for a photo, or has a plain wall, etc. Just no visible lanyards and signage and attendees and such.
For more details and FAQs about the calendar and submissions, head over to the Men Vs Cosplay site.