The Terminator series in its entirety becomes available in one set, The Terminator Anthology, beginning today exclusively at Best Buy stores for a sale price that seems relatively low for a comprehensive collection: $34.99.
It’s true that the last two movies, Terminator 3: The Rise of the Machines and Terminator: Salvation, are not generally as well-regarded as the classic first two movies, so the tendency might be to stay away from a full set. But I’m one of those strange people who slightly prefers the third movie to the second. The second has Linda Hamilton in awesome mode but the movie seems too often too big, too overdone and maybe even a little too optimistic to match well with the horror-like tone of the original. The third movie brings that paranoia and darkness back and I think fits better thematically with the first movie. (The first is my ultimate favorite.)
So I’m especially interested in the audio commentaries for Rise of the Machines.
Other special features in the set include:
- The Terminator: A Retrospective “Other Voices” documentary with James Cameron interviews.
- Deleted scenes with James Cameron
- All 3 version of T2 in 1080p THX – Theatrical, Extended and Special Editions
- T2 audio commentary with James Cameron and writer William Wisher
- T2 cast & crew audio commentary and deleted scenes/ outtakes
- Over 8 hours of interactive special features: behind-the-scenes video and multimedia galleries, storyboard-script mode, quizzes and games
- Terminator: Rise of the Machines 3 audio commentaries
- Terminator Salvation mythology timelines
- Terminator Salvation “Re-Forging the Future” documentary.