I admit, unabashedly, that I love Tim Burton movies and Nightmare Before Christmas is my favorite one! I had to do a Jack Skellington cake pop tutorial. What kind of fan would I be if I didn’t? This was one of the first Halloween posts I did on Sugar Turntable, and I waited all year to do it! This should get your Halloween juices flowing. (And don’t let it fool you. It’s pretty easy to do.)
What you’ll need:
White chocolate or white candy melts
Black Royal Icing
Black gumpaste, black edible paper, or black paper
1. Follow the Cake Pop Tutorial instructions using white chocolate. Here is the link:
2. Cut out circles of black fondant and slightly clip cut one corner to give the eyes a little bit of shape. Using royal icing, attach the black eyes to the cake pop.
3. Using black royal icing, pipe the mouth.
4. Next, pipe two small lines for the nose.
5. Using either black gumpaste, black edible paper (found at most craft stores), or regular black paper (if you’re not a purist and go for easy) cut out the bat shape bow-tie. Attach it to the lollipop stick with royal icing on the back side (use tape if you are using paper).
Keep the cake pops in styrofoam to set them standing up. Enjoy!