In the behind-the-scenes, highly-secretive inner workings of the GeekDad contributors, we have decided to extend our Pumpkin Contest. Why? Well, because we realized (epic facepalm) a lot of people wait until the last minute to carve, so their pumpkins don’t go bad before the day.
So, if you were bummed that the deadline for entry was a couple of days before you even started carving, fear not – you now have to midnight on October 31, 2008 to post your picture to the GeekDad Flickr Pool.
A quick recap of the rules:
- You and your kids carve a pumpkin (keep it family friendly)
- Take a picture of the carved pumpkin
- Upload the picture to the GeekDad Flickr Pool.
- Tag the picture with GeekDad and Halloween08. You can add some background text/description if you like, but they must be tagged to be entered into the contest.
- Upload the picture by midnight October 31, 2008
A quick recap of the prizes:
- First Prize – a print edition of Kobold Quarterly, Uncle Milton’s Space Explorer Pack (Solar System in my Room), a Magic the Gathering book The Planeswalker’s Guide to Alara and a starter pack.
- Second Prize – A celestial globe/nightlight (Reviewed by Matt Blum) along with a Magic the Gathering book The Planeswalker’s Guide to Alara and a starter pack.
- Third Prize – A copy of Dragonology: A Field Guide to Dragons, and a Magic the Gathering book The Planeswalker’s Guide to Alara and a starter pack.
- Honorable Mentions – a copy of Magic the Gathering The Planeswalker’s Guide to Alara book and a starter pack
- Reader’s Choice – A Wowwee Bladestar
In addition, Kobold Quarterly is offering a PDF version to all participants.