Here is the board game (and board game-related!) news that caught our attention for the week ending October 25, 2019.
- Thames & Kosmos has announced that the Cities: Skylines board game is now available in the U.S. The game, based on the popular video game, was initially released at PDXCON in Berlin and SPIEL in Essen. A full review here on GeekDad will be coming soon.
- In what they are calling the world’s first “roll and build” game and the “spiritual successor to Matt Leacock’s Roll Through the Ages,” Eggert Spiele has released Era: Medieval Age.
- One of the hottest items at Gen Con was the Funkoverse Strategy Game, and now the company has announced an expansion, or rather “expandalone”: Rick & Morty, which is currently available on Amazon and other retailers.
- Toy Story: Obstacles and Adventures, the cooperative deck builder from The Op, which we previously mentioned here back in June, is now available at stores near you.
- Tiny Towns: Fortune is the expansion for one of this year’s best games. AEG will release the expansion, which introduces the concept of money into the game, in February.
- Z-Man has announced the details on the 2020 Pandemic: Survival season. The worldwide tournament will be expanded to include other games in the Pandemic system.
- Like all of the big publishers, Days of Wonder has a bunch of new releases this week at SPIEL in Essen. Their big titles are Deep Blue and Ticket to Ride: Japan, both of which we’ve covered here before.
GeekDad and GeekMom Reviews
Here are the games we’ve reviewed this week:
What We’re Playing
Finally, here’s what the GeekDads played this week:
- Michael Pistiolas played Nobody But Us Chickens, Liars Dice, Lords of Waterdeep, Caverna, Coup, Bohnanza, Horrified, Dragon and Flagon, Money, Heroes of Land, Sea and Air, Downforce, The Resistance, Concordia, King of Tokyo, and Era: Medieval Age.
- Rebecca Angel Maxwell played LEGO Creationary.
- Jonathan Liu played Clank! Legacy: Acquisitions Incorporated, The Aquicorn Cove Board Game, Edge of Darkness, Mooncake Master, Paleolithic, Paranormal Detectives, Silver & Gold, and Tapestry.
- Robin Brooks played Block Happy and Warhammer Underworlds: Beastgrave.
- Erik Stanfill played Parks, Gloomhaven, and Campy Creatures.
- I played Minecraft: Biomes and Builders (this week’s featured image), City of Big Shoulders, and Quacks of Quedlinburg.