The board game (and board game-related!) news that caught our attention for the week ending August 2, 2019.
- It’s Gen Con time! Lots and lots of news over the next few days, so today’s edition on Re-Roll will be a bit shorter than normal. Don’t forget that if you’re here in Indy, our annual Gaming with GeekDad event is on Saturday! We have oh-so-many games to play and give away.
- GeekDad Sean Zimmerman interviewed Evan Johnson, the Marketing Manager of Fantasy Flight Games, about the company’s Star Wars games.
- A new study from Boston Children’s Hospital and Hasbro has demonstrated what we already new: playing board games with your kids is good for them.
- Asmodee, Owner of All of the Things, has announced a new partnership between Aconyte Books, their publishing imprint, and Simon & Schuster to distribute titles based on Asmodee properties.
- Fantasy Flight has announced the upcoming release of Marvel Champions: The Card Game, a new cooperative collectable card game. The game is due out this fall.
- Pandemic: Rapid Response, the latest title in the seemingly never-ending Pandemic line, is now available.
- A few weeks ago, I announced here the upcoming release of Talisman: Kingdom Hearts from The Op. Last night, I got a chance to look at the prototype, and even though I’m not one who previously played Kingdom Hearts, it looked pretty great. The prototype’s 3D printed Donald Duck miniature is our featured image this week.
Here are the games we’ve reviewed this week:
- I reviewed Horrified.
What We’re Playing
Finally, here’s what the GeekDads played this week:
- Jonathan Liu played Are You a Robot?, Curios, Growl, My Story, Pappy Winchester, ShipShape, Slide Quest, Villagers, and SpyMaster.
- Angela Leach played Battle of the Bards.
- Erik Stanfill played Concept, Jaipur, The 7th Continent, Gloomhaven, and Scythe.
- I played Tiny Towns, The Quacks of Quedlingburg, Ticket to Ride, Quirkle, Project Gallery, Point Salad, Cartographer, and Shards of Infinity.