The board game (and board game-related!) news that caught our attention for the week ending July 12, 2019.
- We’re thick in the midst of game convention season, and the good folks over at Meeple Mountain did a great write-up on things to do get ready for them.
- Popular Mechanics put out their list of “Best Adult Games in 2019,” or as I like to call it, “stuff that I need to add to my Amazon wish list.”
- The people behind Warhammer are developing a new game aimed at introducing younger players to the world. Details are pretty scarce right now, but we will keep everyone posted as we learn more.
- It seems we spend a lot of our time online today proving to robots that we are not robots. Now, we’ll be able to do the same on our game nights: Looney Labs is releasing Are You a Robot?, a social deduction microgame due out August 1. They also announced the return of Digital Fluxx to iOS and Android.
- Z-Man has posted their Gen Con preview.
- Gen Con is only three weeks away, and there’s only one ticket left for our Gaming with GeekDad event. Don’t miss this chance to meet us IRL and play some great new games!
- For more GenCon news, I’d highly recommend following the official GenCon Twitter account.
What We’re Playing
Finally, here’s what the GeekDads played this week:
- Greg Howley played Scythe, Sentinels of the Multiverse, and Smash-Up.
- Jonathan Liu played Paleolithic and The Labours of Hercules.
- Michael Pistiolas played Set A Watch, Ingenious, Quacks of Quedlinburg, and Unbroken.
- Robin Brooks played Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress and Warhammer Underworlds: Nightvault.
- I played The Quacks of Quedlingburg and Star Wars: Outer Rim, which is our featured image this week.
This post was last modified on July 11, 2019 1:14 pm